At Media Shower, we know sales. In this guide, we’ll give you AI-generated prompts, FAQs, and battle-tested best practices for busy marketing and sales managers like you.
Transform sales emails into conversions with Media Shower. Click for a demo.
First, Generate Your Marketing Overview
Paste the following prompt into ChatGPT or a similar AI tool:
Hello! I’m a busy marketing manager who wants to create a concise marketing overview for my business. I need your assistance in this process. Please ask the following ten questions, one at a time.– What is the name of your business?
– Please provide a link to your website.
– What industry does your business operate in?
– What products or services does your business offer?
– Who is your target audience or customer base?
– What is their pain point?
– What is the unique value proposition or key differentiator of your business?
– How long has your business been operating?
– What are the main goals and objectives of your business?
– Are there any specific marketing channels or strategies that you have used in the past?
Based on my answers, please generate a marketing overview to serve as a primer for future AI prompts. Leverage the 24 VIA character strengths where appropriate. Then, let’s check the marketing overview for accuracy, asking any clarifying follow-up questions if needed.
Then, Generate Your Follow-Up Sales Emails
In the same chat session, paste the following prompt:
Based on this marketing overview, I want to create sales email follow-ups for my business. Please ask the following questions, one at a time, allowing me to skip questions I don’t know.
- What is the primary purpose of your sales email campaign (e.g., sales, partnerships, feedback)?
- Please paste in the text of the original sales email.
- What is the key message or offer you want to highlight in the follow-up email?
- Do you want to achieve any specific metrics or outcomes with the follow-up email (e.g., replies, calls scheduled, website visits)?
- Are there any incentives or special offers in the follow-up?
- What information or feedback have you gathered from past follow-ups that can guide this campaign?
- Do you have any preferred call-to-action or desired next steps for the recipient after reading the follow-up email?
Based on my answers, please draft a follow-up sales email. Leverage the 24 VIA character strengths where appropriate. Then, let’s check the generated drafts for accuracy, asking any clarifying follow-up questions if needed.
Tap into next-level strategies for effective sales email follow-ups with Media Shower. See how it works.
More AI Prompts for Refining Sales Email Followups
The best results in cold email follow-ups emerge when AI expertise blends seamlessly with human creativity.
- Refine Content:
Optimize this email for clarity and brevity without losing the main points.
- Alter Tone:
Rewrite this as more formal/playful/informal.
- Strengthen Call-to-Action:
Make the call-to-action more compelling and clear.
- Personalize Message:
Customize this message to resonate more with a [specific segment, e.g., tech industry professionals].
- Address Concerns:
Include responses to potential objections or questions the recipient might have.
- Highlight Value:
Emphasize the unique value proposition of our offer more prominently.
- Be Consistent:
Ensure this follow-up aligns with our brand voice and the previous emails sent.
7 Best Practices for Following Up on Sales Emails
- Segment Your Audience: Categorize recipients based on behavior, interaction, or profile for targeted follow-ups.
- Test and Optimize: A/B test different follow-up versions and optimize for best results.
- Keep Copy Concise: Trim unnecessary fluff, ensuring a clear and direct message.
- Enhance Personalization: Implement AI-driven data to tailor messages to individual recipients or segments.
- Monitor Engagement: Measure recipient engagement and adapt follow-ups accordingly.
- Be Timely: Schedule follow-ups at optimal times based on recipient time zones or past engagement patterns.
- Ensure Consistency: Align emails with brand voice, tone, and overall messaging strategy.
Unlock email mastery with Media Shower. Click to try us out.
7 Frequently Asked Questions About Sales Email Follow-ups
What is the optimal timing for a sales email follow-up?
Typically, waiting 3-7 days after the initial email gives recipients time to respond. Adjust based on feedback and engagement data.
How many follow-ups should I send before stopping?
While there's no fixed number, 3-4 follow-ups are standard. However, avoid being overly persistent to prevent coming off as spammy.
Is personalization crucial in follow-up emails?
Yes, personalized emails often yield higher engagement rates. Use recipient data to tailor your message and increase its relevance. This information can go into subject lines or the body of the message as variables.
How do I handle recipients who've asked not to be contacted again?
Always respect opt-out requests. Implement systems to ensure those opting out don't receive further communications.
What metrics should I track for sales email follow-ups?
Focus on open, response, and conversion rates to track how users engage with your emails. These provide insights into the effectiveness of your messaging.
Should my follow-up have the same call-to-action (CTA) as the original email?
It can, but consider varying the CTA to offer a different perspective or value. Sometimes, a new angle can capture attention.
How do I ensure my follow-up emails don't land in spam?
Maintain a clean email list, avoid spammy language, and ensure proper email authentication. If you’re working through a reputable mass email provider, they will typically have controls to help you avoid landing in the spam folder. Regularly monitor deliverability metrics.
7 Protips for Following Up on Sales Emails
- Subject Line Impact: Make it intriguing. Use AI tools or brainstorming to craft compelling subject lines that prompt recipients to open the email.
- Follow-up Cadence: Don’t overwhelm. Space out your follow-up emails strategically based on previous engagement and feedback.
- Content Variety: Mix your approach. Use different content types, like testimonials, case studies, or new offers, to re-engage recipients in follow-ups.
- Personal Touch: Go beyond names. To increase relevance, personalize content based on industry, company size, or past interactions.
- CTA Optimization: Be clear and concise. Optimize your call-to-action to make the next steps evident and inviting.
- Performance Analysis: Constantly refine. Use analytics to assess which follow-up strategies work best and adjust accordingly.
- Social Proof Integration: Show, don’t tell. Incorporate testimonials, endorsements, or case studies in your follow-ups to bolster credibility.
Experience better marketing results with Media Shower and our AI expertise. Click here for a demo.