If you’re looking for a video script for your marketing campaign or social media channel, this guide will help you write them better and faster. We’ve got copy-and-paste AI prompts, plus FAQs and best practices to help you write video scripts that drive views, clicks, and shares.
Streamline your video content creation with Media Shower’s unique approach to AI and our skilled team of digital content experts. Click for a demo.
First, Generate Your Marketing Overview
Paste the following prompt into ChatGPT or a similar AI tool:
Hello! I’m a busy marketing manager who wants to create a concise marketing overview for my business. I need your assistance in this process. Please ask the following ten questions, one at a time.– What is the name of your business?
– Please provide a link to your website.
– What industry does your business operate in?
– What products or services does your business offer?
– Who is your target audience or customer base?
– What is their pain point?
– What is the unique value proposition or key differentiator of your business?
– How long has your business been operating?
– What are the main goals and objectives of your business?
– Are there any specific marketing channels or strategies that you have used in the past?
Based on my answers, please generate a marketing overview to serve as a primer for future AI prompts. Leverage the 24 VIA character strengths where appropriate. Then, let’s check the marketing overview for accuracy, asking any clarifying follow-up questions if needed.
Then, Generate Your Video Script
In the same chat session, paste the following prompt:
I want to write a video script for my business based on this marketing overview. Please ask the following questions, one at a time, allowing me to skip questions I don’t know.
- What is the primary message or call to action you want viewers to take away from the video?
- Do you have any existing brand guidelines or voices the script must adhere to?
- Are there specific visual or auditory elements (e.g., jingles, slogans, mascots) you want included in the script?
- How long do you envision the video to be?
- What tone or mood should the video convey (e.g., humorous, inspirational, educational)?
- Are there any specific real-world testimonials, stories, or examples you want incorporated?
- Will there be a spokesperson or narrator? If so, who are they, and what is their role in the video?
- Are there any competitors’ videos you admire or want to differentiate from?
- What is the video’s intended platform or distribution channel (e.g., YouTube, TV, social media)?
- When crafting the script, should we know any constraints or limitations (e.g., budget, resources, timeline)?
Based on my answers, please generate a draft video script. Leverage the 24 VIA character strengths where appropriate. Then, let’s check the generated script for accuracy, asking any clarifying follow-up questions if needed.
At Media Shower, we’re a content creation company with a monthly SaaS model. Start and stop anytime. No long-term hires. No long-term contracts. Click to see how it works.
More AI Prompts for Writing Video Scripts
Once you’ve drafted your video script, here are additional AI prompts to help you polish and perfect it:
- Refine the Message:
“Streamline this section to focus on the primary value proposition.”
- Evoke Emotion:
“Adjust this to evoke a sense of urgency/excitement/compassion.”
- Boost Engagement:
“Suggest ways to make the introduction more captivating.”
- Map the Journey:
“Outline the viewer’s journey from problem awareness to solution.”
- Personalize Content:
“Tailor this to appeal to our target demographic of [specific age group/interest/industry].”
- Be Consistent:
“Ensure the tone remains consistent throughout; flag any deviations.”
- Illustrate with Examples:
“Provide real-world scenarios or anecdotes that reinforce this point.”
- Strengthen Calls to Action:
“Enhance the call to action to be more compelling and clear.”
- Optimize Duration:
“Suggest areas to condense or expand to fit a [specific time frame] video.”
- Incorporate Feedback:
“Revise based on feedback from our last video, especially regarding [specific feedback point].”
Examples of AI-Generated Video Scripts
Example: NexaPoint Tech
This video script is crafted for NexaPoint Tech’s latest offering, the NexaShield Dashboard, a state-of-the-art network security solution. The script is the foundation for a 60-second promotional video designed to be informative and engaging. It will be distributed across multiple platforms, including YouTube, social media, and the company’s website.
What the Video Is Trying to Accomplish
- Brand Awareness: Introduce NexaPoint Tech’s NexaShield Dashboard to a broad audience, highlighting its unique features and benefits in network security.
- Educational Value: Educate potential customers about the importance of robust network security and how NexaShield Dashboard addresses common industry challenges.
- Engagement and Conversion: Encourage viewers to visit NexaPoint Tech’s website for more information, with the ultimate goal of converting them into leads or customers.
- Target Audience Resonance: The script is meticulously tailored to resonate with IT decision-makers and business leaders, the primary audience for NexaShield Dashboard. It addresses their pain points and needs directly, using language and visuals that will appeal to their professional sensibilities.
- Simplicity and Clarity: By maintaining a professional and supportive tone, the script simplifies the complex nature of network security, making it accessible and interesting to a broader audience.
- Visual and Auditory Engagement: The suggestion of a futuristic, sleek visual style aligns with the innovative nature of the product. The narrative’s pace and structure are designed to maintain viewer interest throughout the video, maximizing message retention.
- Call to Action: The clear call to action at the end of the video is a critical element designed to drive traffic to the website, facilitating further engagement and potential conversions.
- Multi-Platform Suitability: The script is crafted to be effective across various platforms, from YouTube to social media, ensuring a broad reach and the ability to capture diverse target market segments.
|[Opening Scene]: Futuristic digital landscape, sleek and simple, with flowing data streams.
|Narrator: "In a world where data is king, and network security is the realm, every IT decision-maker seeks one thing – reliability. Meet the future: NexaPoint Tech's NexaShield Dashboard."
|[Scene Transition]: Close-up shots of the dashboard in action, highlighting ease-of-use and comprehensive features.
|Narrator: "Crafted for the leaders who safeguard enterprise networks. NexaShield Dashboard is your ally in the complex digital battlefield."
|[Scene]: Montage of different industries (healthcare, finance, etc.) using the dashboard.
|Narrator: "Whether you're managing patient records in healthcare, financial transactions, or ensuring government data integrity, NexaShield is your fortress."
|[Scene]: Visualization of real-time threat detection and resolution.
|Narrator: "Experience cutting-edge technology that's always one step ahead. Real-time threat detection, seamless integration, and a user-friendly interface make network security not just a task, but a strategic advantage."
|[Scene]: A serene office environment showing satisfied IT professionals.
|Narrator: "Gone are the days of complex systems and endless support calls. With NexaPoint, you have a partner in network security."
|[Closing Scene]: NexaShield Dashboard logo appears with a call-to-action. Website URL and social media icons fade into view with an inviting "Join us" message.
|Narrator: "Empower your enterprise with NexaShield. Visit [Your Website] today and take the first step towards effortless network security. NexaPoint Tech – Security, Simplified."
This script serves as the foundation for a promotional video for Bibliocafé Ltd., a unique business combining the allure of a bookstore with the warmth of a café. The video, designed to run between 50-90 seconds, is intended for use on various platforms, including YouTube, TV commercials, and social media advertising.
Purpose and Goals
The primary objective of this video is to capture the essence of Bibliocafé Ltd. and to entice potential customers to visit the store. It aims to:
- Showcase the Unique Atmosphere: Highlight the unique combination of a bookstore and café, providing a visual and emotional glimpse into the cozy, inviting environment.
- Promote Brand Awareness: Introduce viewers to the Bibliocafé Ltd. brand, emphasizing its identity as a local, comforting, and fun destination.
- Create Emotional Connection: Through warm visuals and engaging narration, the video seeks to forge an emotional connection, making viewers feel like they’re not just learning about a store but discovering a new favorite haven.
Driving Customer Engagement
The script is crafted to encourage customer engagement through various elements:
- Visual Storytelling: By providing a visual tour of the store, the video helps viewers imagine themselves in the space, increasing the likelihood of a visit.
- Narrative Appeal: The script tells a story — not just of a store, but of an experience, inviting viewers to be part of a community of book and coffee lovers.
- Targeted Call to Action: The closing call to action is a direct invitation, prompting viewers to visit Bibliocafé Ltd., thereby converting interest into action.
- Cross-Platform Adaptability: Designed for versatility, the video can be effectively used across different media platforms, maximizing reach and engagement.
|[Open with a cozy, welcoming shot of Bibliocafé Ltd. Exterior, morning light.]
|Narrator: "Welcome to Bibliocafé Ltd., where every visit is like coming home to your favorite story."
|[Cut to interior scenes: shelves of books, a barista crafting a coffee, people reading.]
|Narrator: "In a world that moves fast, we offer a tranquil escape. A place where the aroma of freshly brewed coffee meets the thrill of a new adventure waiting on our shelves."
|[Briefly feature a friendly staff member recommending a book to a customer.]
|Narrator: "Whether you're a wandering bibliophile or a coffee enthusiast, our doors open to a universe of possibilities."
|[Show a quick montage: A book club laughing, a student studying, a family choosing books.]
|Narrator: "Here, every book pairs perfectly with our handcrafted coffees. Sip. Read. Revel in the quiet joy of the moment."
|[Showcase various sections: New Releases, Classics, Local Authors.]
|Narrator: "Our friendly staff are always here to guide you to your next great read, ensuring you feel right at home."
|[Transition to a customer browsing, then enjoying a coffee while reading.]
|Narrator: "From lively book clubs to peaceful reading corners, Bibliocafé Ltd. is more than a bookstore, more than a café. It's a community."
|[End with a warm, inviting shot of the store evening ambiance.]
|Narrator: "So, come in and find your story, lose yourself in the pages, and savor the journey. Bibliocafé Ltd. – Your local escape into a world of books and coffee."
|[Fade to black with the Bibliocafé Ltd. logo and store details.]
|Narrator (voice-over): "Visit us today and let your next story begin."
Best Practices for Writing Video Scripts
- Define Objectives: Clearly outline the video’s goals before initiating script creation with AI.
- Be Specific: Provide detailed context to AI for better-targeted script outputs.
- Iterate Often: Continually refine the script with multiple AI interactions.
- Review Manually: Always manually review and adjust AI-generated content for brand alignment.
- Optimize for Audience: Tailor scripts to resonate with your target demographic’s specific tastes and preferences.
- Stay Consistent: Ensure the AI maintains a consistent tone and style throughout the script.
- Gather Feedback: Use human insights to fine-tune and improve upon AI-generated scripts.
At Media Shower, our end-to-end Content Creation Platform streamlines your video content creation workflow. Click for a demo.
Frequently Asked Questions About Video Scripts
How long should my video script be?
A general rule is 120-150 words per minute of video. Adjust based on your content's complexity and target audience's preferences.
Should I hire a professional scriptwriter or use AI?
Both have merits. Professional writers bring expertise and a human touch, while AI can provide quick, scalable, and cost-effective drafts. However, the best results are produced with a blended human and AI interaction approach.
How do I ensure my brand voice is consistent in the script?
Provide clear brand guidelines when initiating script creation and review all drafts for consistent tone and messaging.
Can AI tools create scripts for different video types (e.g., ads, tutorials, testimonials)?
Most advanced AI tools can craft scripts for various video formats when given the right context and parameters.
How can I make my video script more engaging?
Incorporate storytelling elements, keep it concise, and ensure it directly addresses viewers' needs or pain points.
Do I need a separate script for voiceovers and on-screen text?
Typically, yes. Voiceovers convey primary information, while on-screen text highlights key points or provides supplementary info.
How do I cater to a global audience with my script?
Avoid jargon, use precise language, and consider cultural nuances. It may also be beneficial to translate or localize your script.
Should I include calls to action in the script?
Absolutely. A clear and compelling CTA ensures your viewers know the next steps or desired actions.
How often should I update or refresh my video script?
Review and update scripts when there are changes in product offerings, target audience preferences, or market dynamics.
Can AI help in script translations for international audiences?
Yes, advanced AI tools can assist in translations, but always review with native speakers for cultural and linguistic accuracy.
Protips for Writing Video Scripts
- Audience Research: Understand your viewers. Dive deep into audience demographics and preferences before crafting your script.
- Script Structure: Organize for flow. Begin with a hook, follow with the main content, and end with a compelling CTA.
- Visual Appeal: Enhance with visuals. Pair your script with strong, relevant visuals to reinforce and illustrate key points.
- Authenticity Boost: Stay genuine. Avoid overused clichés and ensure your message aligns with your brand’s core values.
- Data Utilization: Leverage audience insights. Use viewer data and analytics to refine and target your script content.
- Conciseness Matters: Keep it snappy. Shorter, impactful sentences can keep viewers engaged and make your message more memorable.
- Iterative Process: Test and refine. Always test your script on a smaller audience first, gather feedback, and make necessary adjustments.
- Collaboration Boost: Team brainstorming. Involve diverse teams in the scriptwriting process to infuse various perspectives and ideas.
At Media Shower, we create better marketing materials everyone loves. Click here for a demo.